Now that that is out of the way, here are some house rules and variants that I use in my home campaign - feel free to steal anything you find, I hope to have some more - new spells - posted this afternoon.
· Races: All races from Swords & Wizardry Complete are allowed.
o Races from other sources should be approved by the Referee prior to use
o Race-as-Class is available to players who request it. This is the same as the Swords & Wizardry White Box rules.
· Classes: All classes from Swords & Wizardry Complete are allowed.
o Any race can be a cleric, with non-human clerics advancing up to 7th level of experience, fighter or thief.
o Non-standard race / class combinations are subject to DM approval.
o Neutral clerics are Druids.
o Wizards gain a bonus first level spell at INT 13-15, or two bonus first level spells at INT 16-18
o Clerics gain a bonus first level spell at WIS 13-15, or two bonus first level spells at WIS 16-18 (after they attain second level or higher).
· Level limits: are still in effect, but are three higher than stated in S&W Complete.
· HP: All PC characters (not NPC’s) will receive a +1d6 hp ‘kicker’ at first level. This represents their ‘above average’ status. Note that the first 'normal' hit die is not maximized. You only receive this kicker once.
· Ability Score Generation: Roll 3d6 down the line, but generate (7) scores. Your extra score can be swapped out with any one score (if you wish). No other rerolls allowed.
· Alignment: PC’s may be Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic as they see fit, unless required by class.
· Initiative: 1d6 per side. If necessary, the Referee can call for individual initiative.
o Individual initiative will be 1d6 per character modified by Dexterity